We are hiring!
Salary:£15,600 p.a. / £26,000 p.a. pro rata plus 4 weeks pro rata paid holiday. Depending on experience.
Hours: 24 hours per week over 4/5 days
Start Date: 10th July 2017
We are looking for a highly organised individual with first class people skills. Someone who is passionate about wellbeing who will work closely alongside our Studio Marketing & Development Manager in running the yoga studio and treatment clinic. The Studio Manager is responsible for ensuring the experience of our clients, therapists and teachers matches our aspiration to be a warm and well-organised well-being hub at the heart of the local community. The studio manager is directly responsible for managing the Reception and Karma Yogi team, and works with the Studio Development and Marketing Manager to manage the yoga teaching team. The Studio manager is also the first point of contact for therapists using the space. The studio manager will collaborate with the Studio Marketing and Development Manager to articulate the vision for the studio through development and promotional activities. As the role is part time, the Studio Manager and the Studio Marketing and Development manager will share the management of the daily running of the studio, working together to ensure both the reception and studio run smoothly across the week.
This is a rewarding role for an individual who thrives on working on their own initiative, who has solid administrative experience of managing people and developing and ensuring the smooth-running of systems. The successful candidate will also have a passion and personal or professional knowledge of the well being industry, particularly in the field of complementary therapies. You will work directly with The Well Garden practitioners and teachers, and will be expected to establish a working knowledge of all the different classes and therapies we offer. You will also collaborate with the Studio Owner and Studio Marketing and Development Manager, on developing sales goals and initiatives for the team.
The position is part-time, and structured on a three-day week spread over four days. The role would suit someone who lives locally who is, on occasion, able to be flexible with their working schedule to suit the needs of the studio as a small business.
Overview of Role
- Studio Management
- Premises Management and Maintenance
- Reception Team Management
- Ensuring smooth running of all reception and studio processes
- Engaging new practitioners & looking after existing practitioners
- Resolving client complaints
- Organising teacher covers
- Supporting bookkeeper in preparation of teacher payroll, therapist invoices and monthly accounts.
- Supports Promotional activities and events
- Yoga teacher management and schedule
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Personal Specification
- Proven people management skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Computer skills, including email, documents and spreadsheets.
- Ability to manage time and juggle competing tasks effectively
- Genuine interest in complementary therapies, sound meditation and yoga
- Creative, and able to think laterally
- Open-minded with a sense of humour
- Ability to multi-task and learn quickly
- Ability to handle and resolve conflicts in a professional, tactful manner
- Manage your time & work-load effectively.
- Team Player. Willing to collaborate and be flexible to meet the needs of the business.
- Devising systems that work for everyone.
- Using own initiative to solve problems. Can-do attitude to solving problems.
- Delegate effectively & support others on delegated tasks as needed
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- The right to work in the UK
Desirable Knowledge and Skills
- Experience in MindBodyOnline Booking System
- Google Drive
- Experience of working in a Natural Health / Yoga Studio
- Experience in managing a team
- Experience in working with a wide range of partners
- Educated to degree level
Please send a CV and cover letter to Emily@thewellgarden.co.uk. outlining:
1) Why you are interested in the role
2) How your skills, experience and personal qualities fit the job description
3) When you would be available to start
We are growing.
We’re always interested in meeting new therapists and teachers so please do get in touch if you’d like to take a look at our treatment rooms and studios and join our well-gardening team. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
We are looking for bright, friendly and organised people to help us with our reception – signing in our students and looking after our clients and treatment rooms at The Well Garden one or two days a week in exchange for free yoga. Please pop in or email email@example.com for more details.